Start Career in Canada!

Get LMIA, Work Permit and join fastest growing economy.

Post-Graduation Work Permits (PGWPs)

Post-Graduation Work Permits (PGWPs) are for international students who have graduated from a Canadian Designated Learning Institution (DLI). PGWPs are open work permits, meaning that they grant foreign nationals the freedom to work for any employer, anywhere in Canada.

Who is eligible for a PGWP?

In order to be eligible for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP), a foreign national must be at least 18 years old and have studied full-time in Canada in a program of at least 8 months. The study program must have been completed at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in one of the following types of programs listed below. As well, in order to apply for the work permit, a foreign national must apply within 180 days of the completion of their study program.

Applicants are not eligible for a PGWP. If study program was less than 8 months.

If your program was more than 8 months but less than 2 years IRCC may give a PGWP that’s valid for up to the same length as your study program.
For example, if you completed a 9-month program, we may give you a work permit for up to 9 months.
If your program was 2 years or more IRCC may give a PGWP that’s valid for 3 years.

Applicant can’t get a PGWP if they already had one after completing an earlier program of study.


Program Inquiry

Quick Services